CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Assignment # 9:Diary of Loyalist

Hey bloggers!

In this Assignment I will be responding to assignment#9 on Miss Pollock's blog.


Monday, July, 16 / 1778
Dear Diary,

These past few days have been tough with all the selling of our most valuable goods for when we travel. We have worked so hard just to get this far and I know that no matter what we are not going to back down, we are going to make it to British North America, we will escape from the Patriots and live with peace and freedom.


Just before we started our journey we had to think of where would be our final settlement to start a new life in British north America. We finally decided Nova Scotia, and then we were off. We had started our journey to leave The 13 Colonies and live in British North America were we have the freedom that we deserve.

I just hope that when we get there we can find some land and start our new life without any troubles. I mean just the whole idea of a trip is a wonderful idea and that we can learn a lot from where we travel. But we have to remember that we are not alone but that there are about forty-six thousand others traveling with us and about thirty-four thousand headed to Nova Scotia like us. So to keep the peace mom and dad had told me and my two brothers to be kind and not rude so that we do not start any trouble on our long journey there.

Joyce Hester

Thursday, August, 4 / 1778

Dear diary,


It has been a few weeks since my last entry but that's only because we have traveled and traveled and had barely anytime to do much at all. We had a lot of fun on our trip and now we are even happier to know that we are in a safe place and that no patriots can boss us around and take away our freedom.


When we had been traveling I happened to notice a lot of what was happening. Like how some of the British North Americans looked at us in either a good or bad way,( I could not tell). Then we all got our fifty acres each as our own land, because that's what every family member got and we began to make our land great for crops and other things like that.


Some of the other British North Americans living there were very nice to us and everyone around, but then some just did not say anything at all. We eventually got to know almost everyone and had made some very nice friends but we also had to think about what we were doing and how we were doing it so that we do not get in any sort of trouble.


What I have pasted into my diary as a remembrance of where I traveled I is a map of British North America so that I will never forget where I have gone and what I have seen in my lifetime, and that I hope someday I can travel to other places for the experience of a wonderful journey.

Well all I can really say is that I hope that me and my family can make a wonderful living here and to hope good things for the future!

Joyce Hester


Some of the sites that I used were:

Wikipedia

Rideau-info

The Canadian Encyclopedia

Canadian Geographic

1 comments:

Shauna Pollock said...

Well done, Ally!

Your narrator probably would have "pasted" rather than "glued" the map into her diary.

You did a really nice job here. I would have loved to hear even more about the initial living conditions of your narrator and her family (tents...)