CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Assignment # 8: The Real Riel

Hey viewers!

In this assignment I will be responding to assignment#8 on Miss Pollock's blog. What we have to do in this assignment is write an interview with Louis Riel. So here is my interview.



-Allyson (host): Hello everyone, today on our show we have a very special guest with us who has traveled in a time machine to come and be on our show today. Let's all give a nice round of applause for Louis Riel!

**Audience claps as Louis Riel walks onto the stage.**

-Allyson: Hello there Louis, welcome to the show.

-Louis Riel: Well thank you very much it is so wonderful to be here today.

-Allyson: Well you sound very excited.

-Louis Riel: Oh I am!

-Allyson: Well then now that we know you are excited and ready let's get down to some
questions.

-Louis Riel: Sure that's sound fine.

-Allyson: Okay then here's one question for starters, it say here that you were a "spiritual leader" to the Metis and the Indians, how does that make you feel about your life?

-Louis Riel: Well that makes me feel like I have helped the Metis and Indians through their lives and that I helped them make a difference and it feels good to know that they trusted me as their leader.

-Allyson: What a thoughtful answer. I can see that you put a lot of effort into your life.

-Louis Riel: Yes I can say that I truly did, so any more questions?

-Allyson: Yes, here's one. As they say your trial lasted two weeks, how did you feel when they found you guilty and that you were sentenced to be hanged?

-Louis Riel: Unfortunately I was sentenced to be hanged but even when they found me guilty I was pretty shocked. I mean I have done some good things and some bad things in my lifetime like being banned from the united states and not being the nicest I could be but I have to say being hanged might of been a little to much.

-Allyson: I am so sorry to here that.

-Louis Riel: Oh don't worry about it, whats done is done.

-Allyson: Well here is my last question. It says that you were born in Manitoba, would you of wanted to be born anywhere else?

-Louis Riel: Well I would of liked to of been born in Saskatchewan because that's where my father was born but no i like Manitoba and i am very lucky to even be born.

-Allyson: Well I can say that is a truthful answer and that a lot of quick thought was put in it. Let's all give another round of applause for Louis Riel!

**Audience claps and cheers**

-Allyson: Thank you so much Louis Riel for taking the time to travel in your time machine come and talk to us today we are very grateful!

-Louis Riel: Oh no problem I had a wonderful time on your show today!

-Allyson: Well everyone that's our show, have a good day!

**Here are some pictures of Louis Riel.**


















**Some of the sites that I used for my assignment are:

Louis Riel

Mysteries of Canada

The Heritage Center

Wikipedia

**Here is a picture of Louis Riel's Grave.**




0 comments: